Image from the Emergency Poet
- We’re on Facebook
- We’re on Twitter
- or you can hit those icons at the top right of every page.
Scottish medical schools
- Aberdeen Medical Humanites
- Dundee Medical Humanities
- Edinburgh Medical Humanities (Med school humanities link awaited)
- Medical Ethics and Humanities Society (Student society); EUMEHS on Facebook
- Institute for Advanced research in Humanities, IASH
- Glasgow Medical Humanities
- St Andrews Medical Humanities
- Poems for doctors video series
- Words Work Well – bibliotherapy toolkit and events to develop using humanities to support patients, from Words Work Well Scotland.
Resources further afield
Some universities have Medical Humanities departments but no medical school; and in some that do have medical schools there are only loose connections between the faculties. The main emphasis in many departments is on teaching of Humanities students, and on academic Humanities research, rather than supporting or enriching the lives of healthcare professionals.
- The Association for Medical Humanities is a mostly academic exercise – no resources on website. It lists some of the UK’s academic departments.
- University of Durham Centre for Medical Humanities
- Newcastle’s Milan Collective has great headings …
- The NYU School of Medicine Litmed database is academic but lists a huge number practical resources – click on Resources for more interesting exploring. NYU Humanities Home.
- Arsmedica is a blog run by Paul O’Connor, who teaches medical humanities at Trinity College Medical School, Dublin. Its concise comments and reviews are somewhat similar way to this site, and there are a lot of them. But all literature, and fewer quotes, images and further info.