So beautiful … Oh! The lovebirds are eating …
But a heart attack is gruesome, bringing intimations of mortality to many, and death itself to others.
In our softer age, anatomy as art seems less shocking than Polly Morgan’s taxidermy. Her arresting art has been highly successful though. Perhaps the unexpected has unusual power to reach through our protective shield.
- The Heart Attack, verbal transcription 6am (William Carlos Williams)
- Image © Polly Morgan. Shown with permission. All Rights Reserved, DACS/Artimage 2019. Photo: Polly Morgan. The original can be seen at the impressive New Art Gallery Walsall.
- 2010 interview with Polly Morgan (Guardian)
- About Polly Morgan on Eyestorm; and on Wikipedia
- Polly Morgan’s website. Buy your own.